Friday, June 27, 2008

Howdy from Charles de Gaul: Off on another adventure...

Okay, well it has been months since my last post but I am on the verge of another adventure so though it was time to blog again. I am headed to Israel and Turkey for a month and already it has been quite a trip.

I left Texas late yesterday afternoon, and late being the operative word.

The airport shuttle I had booked online weeks ago was over 45 mins late picking me up. The driver had only been on the job for one month and was nice, but well let's just say less than professional. At one point she was talking on 2 cell phones at the same time and I kept thinking, where are her hands...?!?!not on the wheel that was for sure!

About 30 mins from the airport, the van started to sway and make funny noises. Moments later our driver got a phone call that somoene had called the number on the van to say we had a very flat tire, mins later we had blow out, but made it safely to the side of 290 with whizzing cars around us. We sat there for 20 mins till another shuttle could come and help change our tire.

The drive did haul it after tha I made it to check in with less than 5mins before they cut off check in. Had not eaten since 2pm and it 8:45pm ran to wendy's grabbed a burger and ate it while running to my gate. When I got there they were half way through board...I just pray this is not a sing of things to come on this trip. The flight here was thankfully uneventful, so though I would blow my euros on net time to let you know the full story.

All being well I will be in Israel in 7 hours..and with that said...More posts to come...

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Stephen G said...

Safe travel. Hoping this time the trip goes smoothly from here on.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Srivi Ramasubramanian said...

Oh my goodness, Heidi! Glad that you could make it in time to the flight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home