Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Saying good bye to Aotearoa

I have been offline for the last 4 days. My last week in NZ has been full. I gave to opening lecture at a New Perspective in Science & Theology Conference at BCNZ on Friday talking about cyborg and Christian ethics and then flew down to Christchurch to do a seminar called Building Christian Community: What the Internet can teach Offline Church. Both event went well.

I was able to also do a little sightseeing around Christchurch and even hop on the Transalpine railway for a day to visit Arthur's Pass and do a bit of hiking in the Southern Alps. The nice young man at the park office obviously thought I was more fit and adventuresome than I am and sent me on a trek up the side of a mountain that left me scrambling almost 90 degrees in some places (coming down was even more fun!) but when I reached the top near the snow line the views were so worth the challenge! It was even better that it was my spiritual birthday (the day I accepted and committed my life to Christ) and what better way than up a mountain to pray and spend time with God, closer to heaven in many ways.

Now I am busily packing up my bits for my evening flight back to the USA. I will miss the beauty of this place as well as the much needed break, but am looking forward to my own bed & central heat/air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home