Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Prodigal daughter returns



These are some pics from my beach time in Michigan!
A week ago I returned from week long visit to my home state of Michigan. We had surprisingly lovely weather and I got lots of time on the beach (walking, not swimming). Walking the shores of Lake Michigan has always been a cathartic experience for me...the beach is my cathedral the place where I most easily meet with God. No matter where in the world I am or how I feel if I can find a beach to stroll (preferably barefoot) I am able to return to a place of peace, as the waves that wash over my feet somehow cleanse my soul. This past year I have strolled beaches of the Mediterranean in Israel, the North Sea Beaches of Edinburgh, the Atlantic sands of the Orkney Islands and the East Coast of Florida, but still my favourites are the squeaky sands of my home state!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home