Friday, April 06, 2007

Hello from the North Downs

The sun is setting low over the north downs of England. In the distance over a lovely garden scape (complete withh WWII bomb shelter) I see the Ealing Derby grounds and the flickering lights of London. I am staying with my former flatmate Helen for the long Easter weekend. It was a special day,Helen turned the big 4-0, and I had the opportunity to spend it with her, lovelt 15 month old Hannah, her husband David and extended family. We spent most of the day in the garden and had a lovely lunch of venison casserole, salad and chocolate roulade. The wee girls ages 6-15 mo entertained us with a easter egg hunt and a game of sardines. All in all a pleasant day! Sitting here make me more and more feel as if I am living in exile being in Texas, though I know that is where God has planted me for this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home