Sunday, June 11, 2006

I don't know what I ate...

...but for 24 hours I have not felt so good. I will spare you the details, but let's just say I tried not to be far from a bathroom yesterday! I tried to guess the source of the problem. Was it the baba ganosh in Abu gosh? The pear and prosquito salad at Paradiso in Jerusalem? Or my friend Oren's scrambled eggs? I'm not sure. All I know is yesterday I only ate rice and my cure all for tummy problems, lots of oatmeal.

It is such a shame that I am susceptible to tummy bugs as I love the food in Israel. In fact the when I am introduced to someone new and asked why I was in Israel my friend Yael sometimes responds for me, "she came to eat", which is what I jokingly told her when I landed at the airport. I could eat hummus and fresh pita all day, along with the many salads, soft cheeses and vegetable dishes they serve. I also never knew that cucumbers and tomatoes could have taste, until I visited Israel for the first time in 2003. All that said, I hope my stomach settles soon so I can go back to enjoying these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home