Monday, June 19, 2006

Food, glorious food.



As I mentioned in one of my previous entries, the food is one of my favourite things about Israel. While I could eat fresh pita and hummus every day my friend Yael is trying to broaden my culinary experience. Here are some picture of my favourite new dishes. First is
Jacknu & Milawhe 2 Yemen dishes consisting of fried bread eaten with salsa like dips and slow roased eggs which I am told are often eaten on shabbat. Second is a picture of salads which Yael taught me how to make in getting ready for her Dad's retirement party: fresh tomato salad and taboule.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jakhnun and Malawakh....
and the boiled eggs often called "Haminadus", as it is part of the Khamin, the Shabbat dish every Jewish community around the glob has a version of ( something that you put in the oven on Friday noon and eat on Saturday branch, as cooking in Shabbat is forbidden)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home